Monday, April 2, 2012

Grass made from skinned Easter Bunny

No not really. (My kids would never forgive me) I have been experimenting with a technique I have seen on other sites using fake rabbit fur to make grass. I tried it, with pretty good results.


Here are four test swaths I messed around with.
A. I shaved the hair with a 1/4" electric razor and painted it with dark greens and light browns for a fall, winter grass effect.
B. unshaven, painted green with light green highlights.
C. shaved, 1/8" this time, light greens and browns with yellow-green highlights, lightly sprinkled with med. green static grass
D. same colors as C, 1/4" shave and no static grass

I wanted grass that looked like a maintained lawn, so B was out. But I loved the way it looks for long grass and will be using it in the future.

My favorite was C:

The static grass was just enough to hide the matted fur look. Right now this is where I'm going to use the grass in Gray Haven. I do feel a cemetery board addition coming in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the post, I've been curious about teddy bear fur terrain.

    ReplyDelete